- Operating system: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000.
Although we do not offer an Apple OSX version, DietPower will run on a Mac equipped with Windows XP or PC-emulator software
such as VMWare Fusion and Parallels. (To express interest in a Mac version, email
We expect eventually to launch a Web-based version with interfaces for iPhone, Android, and other mobile devices. To be alerted, email
- Disk space: at least one gigabyte.
- Memory: at least 256 megabytes of random-access memory (RAM).
- Display: at least 1024 x 768 pixels. (Although it works well on standard laptops, DietPower is unsuitable for many smaller "netbook" computers. Since our Food Log screen is 168 pixels higher than most netbooks', the Log's OK and Cancel buttons aren't visible on those. You can use the Log without these buttons, but it's cumbersome. In addition, you may need help installing the software. To get advice,
- Internet access: needed only for downloading the program initially (unless you buy it on a CD); for downloading occasional free updates; or for reading Help, tutorials, nutrition news, and lesser features. The program itself resides on your hard drive.