DietPower's latest version, 4.4, was released February 27, 2007, and last updated May 16, 2011. To see what version and "build" you have, click Help > About DietPower at the top of your program's Home Screen.
If you already own DietPower 4.4 but your "build date" is earlier than May 16, 2011, download the most recent free trial and install it over your current build. This won't harm your records, but it will give you the latest improvements. It should not make your DietPower revert to trial status—but if does, contact us and we'll give you a free replacement key.
To see what's new in Version 4.4...
Click below to upgrade to DietPower 4.4 or one of our special editions.
To upgrade to Version 4.4:
If you're already using the free trial:
- Upgrade Key: $19.95. Makes the trial work permanently if you've already bought a previous version of DietPower.
- Recommended: Upgrade Key + CD: $29.90. Makes the trial work permanently if you've already bought a previous version, and mails you a CD for reinstalling on the same or other household members' computers. (If you own the CD, you don't have to buy a $6.95 Spare Key each time you reinstall or install on a different computer.)
If you're not using the free trial:
- Upgrade CD: $29.90. Mails you a CD that installs Version 4.4 on your computer and others used by members of your household if you've already bought a previous version.
- Download and install the free trial; then purchase a $19.95 Upgrade Key or (recommended) a $29.90 Upgrade Key + CD. (If you own the CD, you don't have to buy a $6.95 Spare Key each time you reinstall or install on a different computer.)
To Upgrade to a Special Edition
Special Editions are for commercial and institutional use.
- $95.00 minus what you paid for your Personal Edition. The Consultant Edition lets doctors, dietitians, personal trainers, and other professionals use DietPower to advise clients and/or resell our Personal Edition.
- $95.00 + $20.00 per-seat fee, minus what you paid for your Personal Edition. The Classroom Edition lets educators license DietPower at a low per-student price.
- $95.00 + a per-member fee, minus what you paid for your Personal Edition. The Large Group Edition lets corporations, health clubs, and other organizations license DietPower at a low per-member price.
To Order by Mail or Fax
Use our printable order form.
Below are answers to the most common questions. If you need more help, contact us.
What's new in Version 4.4?
DietPower 4.4 offers 24 major advancements over the previous version.
Does it work in Windows 8?
Yes. Unlike older versions, Version 4.4 is compatible with Windows 8, 7, and Vista. It also works on Windows XP, ME, and 2000. (System requirements.)
No, but it will run on a Mac equipped with Windows emulator software such as Virtual PC, Parallels, or VMware Fusion. (To express interest in a Mac version,
Will it work on my "netbook?"
Maybe. DietPower works on some of these smaller laptop computers. To find out, contact us.
Can I upgrade if I've lost my old version?
Yes. The upgrade is the complete program—just a lower price.
Will the upgrade import my old records?
Yes. The new version can import your old DietPower food, exercise, and weight logs, as well as your Favorites; calendar notes; and any foods, recipes, or exercises that you've added to DietPower's dictionaries.
Can I go back to my old version if I don't like 4.4?
Yes, you can resume where you left off in the old version. (DietPower doesn't provide tech support for old versions, however.)
Can I upgrade to DietPower if I own a competing software program?
Yes! Just email
telling us the competing software's brand and version number and why you're switching to DietPower. We'll reply with a discount code that lets you buy DietPower at the $19.95 upgrader's price. (This doesn't obligate you to buy. You can start with our free 15-day trial.)