At a Glance
You can make a copy of any entry in Food Dictionary, revise and rename the copy, and put it back into the dictionary for use in your Food Log.
You can copy any item in the dictionary, then edit the copy's name, nutrient profile, or serving size and units and put the altered copy back into the dictionary as a new food. (If the item is a recipe, the copy will be considered a food¾you'll be able to edit its nutrient profile, but not its ingredients or their proportions. To edit those, you must open the recipe or a copy of it from within the Recipe Box. For details, see Recipe Box, Editing Recipes in, or Recipe Box, Editing Copies of Recipes in.)
To edit a copy of a food or recipe as a new food:
1. If you're at the Home Screen, open the dictionary, by:
· clicking the Food Dictionary button:
· opening the Food Menu (by clicking the word Food) and choosing "Food Dictionary."
2. On the dictionary's main page (labeled "Dictionary"), find the item you want to copy and edit, by either scrolling or searching (see Dictionaries, Searching the).
3. Highlight the item, by clicking its name.
4. Click the tab labeled "Edit a Copy." Diet Power will uncover the Edit-a-Copy page with a copy of the item that you highlighted.
5. Edit as much of the information as you like, by typing new information over the old. (Tip: Using the numeric keypad will speed entry of nutrient data.) You must change the item's name by at least one character (spaces and capitalization don't count), since Diet Power won't allow duplicate names in the dictionary.
6. Click the button labeled "Add This Food." The Edit-a-Copy page will be covered by the Dictionary page again, and Diet Power will write the edited copy of the item into the dictionary as a new food.
If you change your mind¼
¼at any point before clicking the Add button, you can go back (with the mouse, Shift-Tab, or the up- and down-arrow keys) and further revise any block. You can also abort the whole process: just click the button labeled "Discard This Food." After asking you to confirm your decision, Diet Power will throw away the copy of the food and take you back to the Dictionary page. (You can also abort by clicking Cancel. This will not only discard the changes but also close the dictionary, returning you to the Home Screen. If the Cancel button is not visible, see Taskbar, Hiding to Make Screens Deeper.) )
Editing the Copy
For help with individual blocks on the Edit-a-Copy page, see Foods, Filling in Nutrients, Etc., when Creating or Editing.
To leave the Edit-a-Copy page:
If you want to save your work, click the Add-This-Food button. Diet Power will write the edited copy into the dictionary and take you back to the Dictionary page.
If you'd rather discard the work, click the Abort-This-Food button. After asking you to confirm your decision, Diet Power will discard the edited copy and return you to the Dictionary page.
If you haven't done any work, click the tab labeled "Dictionary" to return to the Dictionary page; or use the OK or the Cancel button or the Escape key to close the dictionary and go back to the Home Screen. (If the Close and Cancel buttons are not visible, see Taskbar, Hiding to Make Screens Deeper.)