If you leave Diet Power running past midnight, it won't know that a new day has started. Reason: The program assumes a constant date until it gets a peek at your computer's clock, which it checks only during startup. This has two important implications:
1. You can't log a new day's weight without first restarting Diet Power. If you wake up with Diet Power still running from the night before, the program will think that the date is still yesterday and that you've already logged your weight for the day. The moment you restart the program, however, it will recognize that the date has changed, and prompt you to enter your new weight.
2. You can log after-midnight snacks as part of the old day's record. This is desirable, because any eating that will influence tomorrow's weight entry should be logged beforehand.
If you inadvertently exit after midnight, before your eating day is finished¼
¼don't worry. Simply restart the program and follow these steps:
1. When Diet Power prompts you to enter your weight for the new day, just press Enter to accept the default that's listed (always yesterday's weight). The exact figure doesn't matter, because you'll revise it when you actually weigh yourself the next morning.
2. Change the working date to the pre-midnight date.
3. Open the Food Log and continue recording your foods.
4. Exit from Diet Power just before you go to bed.
5. In the morning, restart Diet Power and revise last night's tentative weight entry:
a) From your Home Screen, open the Diet Menu (by clicking the word Diet).
b) Click "Weight Log."
c) Type your actual weight over the weight you entered last night.
d) Click OK or press the Enter key.